Free Tips to Make Planning Your Wedding Easy
* Make Your Own Personalized Wedding Planner
* Avoid Wedding Rip-Offs
* Wedding Theme Planning - Ethnic Wedding Traditions
* Define your minimum wedding requirements
* Budget your "must have" items first
* Don't Forget To Plan For Wedding Favors In Your Budget
* Write down EVERYTHING, both estimated cost and actual cost
* Create a payment schedule for all contracts
* Reduce the number of attendants.
* Reduce the number of guests invited to the reception
* If you hire a live band, find one with fewer members
* Bring CD's of your favorite songs and have a friend man the boom box instead of
hiring a DJ or a live band.
* Have your flowers done by a local grocery´s floral department.
* Make your own flowers buying supplies at Michaels or Hobby Lobby.
Often the bouquets and arrangements will be less than half the cost of a regular
* Have your cake made by a warehouse store like Sam's or Costco - they have
excellent cakes and are about 1/10 of the cost of a specialty Wedding Cake store.
* Save Money By Giving Flower Seeds As Wedding Favors
* Plan Your Wedding Ceremony Music
theirs after the ceremony if they stand still.
* Create a personalized ceremony so it is more memorable. This is easy to do with the many wedding
books available today.
* Don't try to memorize your vows. You will be able to relax if you rely on the officiant to prompt you.
* Don´t worry if you don´t have the same number of bridesmaids as groomsmen. There´s no rule dictating
that the numbers be even, and having an uneven number will make things even more interesting.
* If you´re lighting candles during your ceremony, be sure that there aren't any decorative beads, ribbon or
lace around the candles --- they can easily catch fire.
* Instead of having the minister face the congregation, have him stand with his back to the congregation
so your friends and family can see your faces. Or have you and your beloved stand face-to-face
throughout the ceremony instead.
* Work Out The Details Of Your Wedding Reception
* Wedding Reception Flowers and Decorating Accents
* Evaluating A Wedding Reception Location
* Provide finger food and drinks for guests while your wedding photos are being taken.
* If you can afford it, a professional MC will keep everything running smoothly. If you are using a DJ, he
may be able to fill this role.
* Be sure the Best Man and others you want to be sure to give toasts are aware of their role BEFORE the
wedding. That gives them time to prepare. Remember, many people are afraid of speaking in public so
the more preparation time they have the easier it will be for them.
* Prepare a schedule for the reception, especially if you have a deadline for being out of the reception
hall. You don't want to feel rushed when it is time to cut the cake, throw the garter and all those little last
Cassandra Joy has provided a Free budget spread sheet and instructions
Many thanks to Cassandra Joy and Rev. Robert Joy for graciously giving me permission to use Cassandra's
information here on my web site.
Please see Cassandra's web site http://www.planningwedding.org/ to order her
Wedding Planning Book
© Copyright planningwedding.org